October 2021 - March 2022
**REGISTER BY OCT. 6, 2021
TBD-- SCSC will host its Information Night & Annual General Meeting virtually. One parent/caregiver from each family MUST attend. Information about the upcoming season will take place.
During registration please remember...
- Registrants who DID NOT participate in Fall School 2021 will have the "Skate Canada Membership" and "Skate Canada Saskatchewan Membership" fee Subscriptions automatically added to your shopping cart during check out. (If they are not added automatically, you must click on the Purchase Subscriptions button on the Program Registrations page and add them.)
Sanctioned by Skate Canada
Coached by SCSC Professional Skate Canada Coaches
Payment method is Credit Card-Online (Please contact us if alternate payment arrangements are necessary.)
- All program fees (per child) do not include:
- Skate Canada's $45.00 annual membership fee. This is your your child's insurance while they are on the ice.
- Skate Canada Saskatchewan's $30 Membership Fee
- No refunds will be issued after Oct. 31, 2021. Refunds apply to only the program fee (not the Skate Canada membership or the Skate Canada Saskatchewan fee).
- Families registering with Kidsport or Jump Start funding must email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information BEFORE registering:
- Parent's Name
- Skater's Name
- Program Name (ie. First Blades, Canskate, Rising STARS, STARSkate, Power Skating)
For a list of ALL our programs with program descriptions, dates & fee information, click here .
- Helmets: All Pre-CanSkate (Parent & Tot), Canskate, Rising STARS, and Power Skating registrants are required to wear a CSA Approved HOCKEY HELMET. Face masks are MANDATORY for Pre-Can and Canskate programs and is recommended for Rising STARS (particularly levels 1-4).
- Well fitting skates (**sharpened before first skate)
- Comfortable and temperature appropriate clothing for on the ice for extended periods of time
PRE-CANSkate (Coaches & Program Assistants will be on the ice with skaters this year.)
A program for first time skaters (must be 3 years of age by August 31, 2021) with little or no skating experience. The program uses circuits and games in a group environment to introduce skaters to the basic skating skills. Creating a fun and positive experience for your skater is key. Preschool children should be enrolled in this program.
CANSKATE (Levels 1-6)
THE learn-to-skate program for skaters of all ages (must be 4 years of age by August 31, 2020).
SKATERS MUST BE ABLE TO INDEPENDENTLY STAND, GET UP AND SKATE FORWARDS & BACKWARDS TO ENROLL IN THIS PROGRAM.
CanSkate offers basic skating instruction taught in a group format. Circuits are used throughout the program to introduce basic skating skills to skaters which focus on skill progression and repetition. The program focuses on three fundamentals of skating – Balance, Control and Agility. The Fastrack and Fun Zone are highlights of the program. Previous skating experience is recommended.
Skaters working on Stages 3-6 use circuits throughout the session to introduce basic skating skills to skaters which focus on skill progression and repetition. The program focuses on three fundamentals of skating – Balance, Control and Agility. The Fastrack and Fun Zone are highlights of the program. Previous skating experience is required.
This program is for those skaters that are interested in pursuing Figure Skating- as skaters are required to wear figure skates. Circuits are used to introduce basic skating skills to skaters which focus on skill progression and repetition. The purpose of this program is to introduce figure skating skills to your skater while in a group lesson setting, making the most use of your skater's time on the ice. STARSkate skaters have the option to buy onto STARSkate ice and arrange for additional lessons through coaches.
"SYNCHRO": SYNCHRONIZED SKATING *subject to participant registration numbers*
Open to all Rising STAR & Star 1-5 Skaters
Skate with a team to create various formations
The STARSkate program offers opportunities for skaters working toward Preliminary to Gold levels. Figure skating skills in the following areas are developed: stroking, skills, ice dance, free skate and interpretive.
STARSkate sessions are sold in Blocks. Pricing varies by sessions purchased.
CANPOWER- 2nd Year Initiation to PeeWee Age Groups (Skaters will be grouped by age & ability levels)
Initiation/U7 & Novice: SKATERS MUST BE ABLE TO INDEPENDENTLY STAND, GET UP AND SKATE FORWARDS & BACKWARDS TO ENROLL IN THIS PROGRAM.
Can PowerSkate is a SkateCanada program divided into 6 levels with an introductory Pre-Power level for younger skaters (typically 4-6 years of age). The Winter Season will be structured as described below. Evaluations will be provided to each skater at the end of the season. Skaters participate in full hockey equipment and will stick handle during some drills.
This is NOT a "learn to skate" program. Skaters should be able to skate forward the length of the ice with a push/glide concept and get up on their own. Skaters not able to perform these basic skating skills should register in the SCSC CanSkate program.
CanPower Level 2 focuses on forward and backwards crossovers, fast forward starts (V start), backwards to forwards 180 degree pivots.
CanPower Level 3 works to enhance a skaters fast forward cross over starts, forwards to backwards 180 degree pivots, backwards snowplow starts/stops (one foot) and reverse pivot turns.
For more information contact: